Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Know You're Fellow Xer Heros

Still celebrating my computer's 2nd life, I bring you the band DEATH.

When I play this for those that are unfamiliar most people focus on the vocals by saying something stupid like "I can't stand his screaming". Usually I roll my eyes in music snob fashion and feel sorry for those deprived of hearing how incredibly melodic DEATH was. Never have I heard a guitarist with the awesomeness of Chuck Schuldiner- he could tie in 10 different riffs and make it work.



Chuck died of cancer a few years back and I don't believe he ever had a grasp of how influential and appreciated he was in the Metal Scene. He just saw himself as a fan that Metal icons gravitated towards for whatever reason. Best of all, Chuck was an awesome dude that'd speak to anyone that wished to say "hello".



Chuck, a native Floridian, left a huge void in his home state. There hasn't been a budding music scene down here since his passing (the turn table crap from Miami doesn't count). Somehow, somewhere I hope a 13 year old with a guitar is listening to a DEATH album and will take this twisted genre of Metal to the next blazing level.

(I know I posted on Chuck before, but so what? His awesomeness deserves a blog of its own.)

No comments: