Monday, October 6, 2008

My less than fantastic voyage

thru the intertubes.

With a Maker's Mark and cola leaving water rings on my computer table, here's the sites I hit when I got home for work.

Another goddamn bad day with the market, let's see what Calculated Risk says: "Wek, it's a good thing you have low debt cuz your employer of 9 years has layoffs-a-comin'." Oh well, I guess I'll check my investments anyhow. Holy Jesus, I could barely buy a used Ford Focus with what's left. Well, I know it's absolutely retarded to buy one of the motorcycles I was looking at on Ebay, but let's see what they're going for today. I won't have a jobie-job, but I'll have a sweet bike. Over to YouTube to see a lunatic on a motorcycle that's on my wish list. Jeebus, this dude is going so fast it looks like the surroundings just threw itself in reverse. Since I'm on YouTube I'm feeling a bit musically nostalgic. Ned's Atomic Dustbin will do.

Okay, enough of this nonsense, these times are very serious so I need to get an update on what happened in today's political landscape. Greenwald? No. Captains Quarters? Nah. How about the wise asses at Sadly, No!. Hell yeah. Atrios, too? Sure. While I'm at it, wonder how the wingnuts are doing? Okay, I'll be serious for real this time. Counterinsurgency sparks an interest in me, as well as Military insight on the goings on of our fucked up country. Good enough for now, everyone agrees that everything still sucks. I'd hate to see unicorns and rainbows any time soon.

Man, if my girlfriend wasn't so hot (and unbelievably sweet) I'd be hoisting a few more bourbons and looking for a fattie here. For the record I don't know anyone that's ever met a hookup on Craigs List, but I'm sure it happens for the truly persistent.

Shit, my ice cubes are watering down my drink. That's what I get for putting it in a 40 ounce container.

Out!

No comments: