Monday, August 18, 2008

The Hurrican't

My Coastie bud is correct- the local gov-ment is making this a mandatory evacuation for the "A level" areas because of an over-ambitious thunderstorm. This is the effect Hurricane Katrina will have on coastal governments over the next decade or so- no one wants to be the next Ray Nagin (Mayor of New Orleans) or having Geraldo Rivera get dropped into their city to 'rescue' elderly peeps live on Fox News.

In one of my not-so-brilliant ideas in life I decided to stay put during a more legitimate evac back in '03. I was like, "fuck it, I ain't leavin' mah home".....and then the electric company, not the storm, cut off the power. Then I was like "fuck it, I'm leavin' mah home".......I got in my car, drove to the drawbridge that takes me to the mainland and then discovered that the local gov-ment closed the bridge. So, me, your favorite dumbass returned home, defeated. The Florida summer heat didn't let up that night and the wind was too strong to open a window. My nuts stuck to my leg for a week afterward.

What I'm most disappointed in is no waves from this storm that won't go out to sea....

One day my dream wave will come into the Gulf of Mexico. And I'll be ready:

No comments: