Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Strange Connections in my Head

Anytime there's a hurricane threat the 1st thought I have is "what kind waves will it create". The 2nd thought is "of all that I read, Steve Gilliard wrote the most memorable piece on Hurricane Katrina".

Although Steve was a huge supporter of my primary blog, Operation Yellow Elephant, I wasn't fortunate enough to know him. He passed away shortly after I began contributing at OYE.

I took issue with a good many of Steve's posts, but so fucking what? No one, and I mean no one, could put angry thoughts into coherent rants better than Gilly.

We have been screaming for two years that Bush and his team sucked. That they had no clue. They sent soldiers to be wounded in Iraq without armored anything. And you idiots cheered him on from the safety of your keyboards. We told you he was fucking up Iraq. But no, we supported Saddam, we were racist, we blamed America.

You say this isn't about politics? Fuck you, this IS politics, real time, real life politics, where the insanity of all your ideas are exposed to the world for the fraud that they are. Tax cuts kill. Ask the relatives of the dead of the Gulf Coast.

Well, motherfuckers, the alligators are feasting on dead nigger and there isn't an Iraqi in sight. And Bush is trying to gladhand his way through a mess which has stunned FOX reporters. I mean, Shepard Smith is calling Fox's talking heads liars ON THE AIR.

Steve's entire post is here.

RIP, dude.

2 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

There is a lot of great Gen X stuff on this blog. And, I love your reference to Tom Brokaw, pretending to look busy and your name, latchkey man. Great. I've added you to the list of blogs from FLorida people have sent me to look at. But, this is just great. (Except for all the coarse language.) LOL>

Wek said...

Jen- thanks for coming by! And I appreciate being added to your blog roll. Oh, and don't worry, I keep my foul language confined to this blog......and sometimes LT Nixon's.