Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last throes of the Faux-Hawk?

The faux-hawk, the official Gen Y haircut seems to be in decline much to the dismay of the hair gel industry. Whether these dudes will admit it or not, David Beckham is their style idol (NOTE: David Beckham had his Gen X membership lifted from him the moment he slipped it in Posh Spice).

As usual, I have nothing to base this study on. It's just an observation I've made from my social circle and the youngins at work.

Libby Logic spoke of this Generation Whine phenomenon of 'rebellious' conformity early this year:

Who the hell invented this hairstyle? Really, it had to be a joke. I'm sure some smart-ass hairstylist was sick of dealing with over an overly difficult client and thought "what can I do to really make him look like a penis?" Voila, the faux hawk was born. And now it has taken over the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the crocs gotta go too.

Wek said...

And what's up with the top of his jeans? They look like a ribbed condom.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see someone with a faux hawk, I'm reminded of the Frish's Big Boy mascot. Not good.

Wek said...

Frish's Big Boy- FKN hilarious!