Friday, May 16, 2008

Hah! This was awesome

Goddamn hilarious- I found this horrible interview of Chris Cornell (Soundgarden frontman/guitarist). The guy asking the questions is a friggin moron and probably needs to unzip his fly to count to eleven. Anyway, Cornell was asked about his musical influences and, of fucking course, the dumbass with the mic just couldn't believe he wasn't influenced by babyboomer icon Jimi Hendrix. Cornell responded in perfect Xer sarcasm:

"When he was playing in clubs in Seattle I was probably about 2 years old, so I didn't hang with him much. I wish I could have spent some time with him but....."

As a lousy (but LOUD) guitarist I spoke about this type of treatment in a previous post, but I'm too lazy to link to it- Boomers and traitor GenXers just can't understand how rock/metal musicians aren't influenced by all the boomer 'greats'. You know, like Foghat and Molly Hatchet.



No comments: