Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coconut Cream and Pecan are my faves

The rant I posted on Sunday has caused quite the pie fight in Philly.
A letter writer wrote that she had her Gen-X biscuits burned because a baby boomer suggested that her generation could learn something from ours. This boomer is not stepping into the quicksand of that debate. However, I am interested in her goofy accusation that boomer children, including my daughter, are demanding Gen-Xers' jobs with a sense of "entitlement," and her self-righteous statement that she started at the bottom - something boomer children "won't do."

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I thought of you this morning when our local news station ran a blurb on drug use and baby boomers. It seems that boomers have more drug problems than previous elder generations, which could mean more money spent on drug programs. My husband heard this and said, "If it hasn't been a problem yet, why will it be a problem in the future?" I just say, "Duh" again.

Wek said...

How pathetic. Everyone really should stop the drugs by their mid 20's. Whenever I see someone even my age get stoned I think "grow up loser".