Monday, January 18, 2010

Who cares? No one except babyboomers.

(the fresh face of the Super Bowl halftime show)
Fuck the NFL. I'm tired of them recycling retro rockers for the Super Bowl halftime show. We've had Springsteen, U2, Paul McCartney, Aerosmith over the last few years and now we're stuck with The Who, a band that should have forever dissolved after Keith Moon died. I'd rather them enlist a hipster band I'd never heard of than continuing this trend of exhuming half dead grandpas that gnaw on microphones with false teeth.

3 comments:

Sisu said...

Boomer Cramdown? Is that a new label? It has panache to be sure.

Wek said...

Yeah, I think that name is a keeper. Sums up things nicely.

Kath said...

Much as I love football, I have never understood the Superbowl halftime "show". No matter what showbiz biggie they drag out there, it's lame. You see it, but you don't watch it.