Saturday, March 22, 2008

'case you're interested

....I'm sure Courtney negotiated a sweet deal on this one. Jeebus, I'm sorry for this....I've done my best to avoid the Gen X/Nirvana connection, but this was all the media felt was worthy to write about Gen X all day. (Full Disclosure: I'm an unapologetic Nirvana fan. I'm just sooooo tired of somehow forever being labeled as a unwashed, flannel clad mope that doesn't know how to tune his guitar.

In About A Son, Cobain talks with candour about the tensions between him and his bandmates, his relationship with wife Courtney Love and his isolated childhood.

The documentary is based on 25 hours of previously unheard interviews with Cobain by journalist Michael Azerrad between December 1992 and March 1993. The interviews formed the basis of Come As You Are, Azerrad's definitive biography of Nirvana.

No comments: