Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Van Halen Effect

Van Halen, teh awesomest rock band of the '80s, created a tribal following of posers that wanted a piece of the loot and girls. Lacking the showmanship and guitar creativity these once new bands compensated by using more hair spray and neon colored gee-tars. The result was a disgusting mess and eventual crash when Nirvana got a record deal and put these dudes out of work.

I know I'm going to lose my Metal Head cred by playing this, but hey, the chick was smokin' (If anyone wants my Megadeth T-shirts, ticket stubs, records, et cetera, just shoot me an E-mail. I'm no longer worthy.)


LT Nixon- Don't give me shit over this one

2 comments:

Nixon said...

I recall seeing this song on MTV when I was a youngster! I think it might've been my first woody.

Wek said...

Princess Leia was mine. Too bad she hooked up with that wuss Luke Skywalker.