Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Boomers are forever obsessed with proving they have a bigger cock than us

Neil Howe, co-author of a joke of a book about GenXsters once again displays why he should have a full canister of pepper spray unloaded on him.
Whatever you call them (I'll just call them early Xers), the numbers are clear: Compared with every other birth cohort, they have performed the worst on standardized exams, have acquired the fewest educational degrees and have been the least attracted to professional careers. In a word, they're the dumbest.

What's beyond Neil is he's never been above insults that hurt his credibility as a 'generation expert'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an oaf! He makes making sweeping generalizations about an entire (or partial) generation of people look bad!

I check this blog out everyday, 'cause I like picking on Boomers -- the main reason is 'cause they only very recently stepped out of the pop-culture spotlight, and hogged the f*ck of Generation X's crack at it. Although I wouldn't make serious hay about many of the 'facts' presented on this blog to the Boomers I deal with in my life, who are a-ok in spite of their awful taste in pop culture

My beef is with the 'late boomers', the guys who were damn near 40 when I got out of school, who seemed to get quite a bit of mileage out of a simple college diploma, and changed the rules when they moved on up. But this Neil Howe clown's gone too far; y'know, it never occurred to me before, but the folks he's busting on are probably the people who came to maturity during Carter's Malaise and the brutal early '80s. All the great results for all the standardized exams in the world couldn't have helped anybody during that nasty, long recession; like Xers coming of age in the late 80's/early 90's, they were told to 'sit this one out til times improve.' And then they're a little too old for immediate post-college pay scales.

I ramble a bit, for which I apologize. I get like this when people get kicked when they're down, even Baby Boomers of dubious lineage. Keep up the good work.

Wek said...

Rockie- ramble all you want, I don't mind. Really appreciate you always dropping by.

For the record this blog will usually be "fact free" as I base most of my posts on unsubstantiated personal analysis.

Lastly- awesome guitar work. I wasn't going to play tonight, but you've motivated me to plug in.