Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Need your ass kicked?

GenXsters will be forever linked to nutty activities- we popularized mountain biking, bungee jumping, the X Games, et cetera. If you want a daily challenge I rec'd you try Cross Fit for your workouts. The activities are designed to enhance all levels of your fitness- endurance, strength, speed, balance, agility, timing. Each day they post a 'Workout of the Day' (WOD) that normally combines several different exercises that will always keep your body guessing.

As a meathead I've done it all - - football, powerlifting, body building - - and I've never had my body respond as well as when I started Cross Fit in May. Since I began I have gained 5 lbs, but my waistline has decreased. Translation: I put the weight in lean mass, not fat.

Most appealing is you can do this at your own pace. You compete against your own times and don't worry bout anyone else. Extremely cool to me since I have an issue with my ticker that causes some dizzying issues under major stress.

Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

This sounds like what I've been looking for - something online that will guide me, b/c honestly - you left out aerobics, and I am SO SICK OF VIDEO TAPES and Denise Austin, and I only moved on from her when my vintage 20 minute workout tapes became annoying, which was long after I let go of Jane Fonda and Kathy Smith. Wow. That was a long sentence.

Wek said...

Jen- just don't curse me when you try it!