Monday, April 13, 2009

Bad nights are still fun....if you add beer

Goddamn Yankees got smoked tonight by the local team (NOTE: I'm a diehard Yankees fan). I hate the Tampa Bay Rays.....actually, I take that back. I love their players, I just hate the local baseball 'fans' that didn't know they had a MLB team until last September.

When I left the game the score stood at 10-2 and the Yanks had conceded the loss knowing they would have to slay another day.

Even though the Yankees problems are multi-generational, it became evident that the mostly Gen X boys from the Bronx can no longer compete with the very young Rays. I wish some of the Yankees (won't name names now) would stop acting like babyboomers and instead step down with grace.

Can't wait to hear shit tomorrow from bandwagon fans that still don't know what the Infield Fly Rule is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to like baseball games, actually going, but when I realized I was actually timing the innings to try to see how soon I could get out of there, then I stopped going.

But we just last year got a minor league team really close by, so I might start going to those. Be fun to see stars before they are stars!!

Kath

Anonymous said...

Hey, you okay? Saw that Tampa had tornadoes today.

Kath

Wek said...

I think I love baseball more for the crazy stats and theories more than anything else. Even though I suck at math, I get pleasure learning the new baseball sciences developed by peeps at Baseball Prospective and the Defense Bible.

The weather became wild this morning, but no twisters around me. (Don't you know they only strike in trailer park homes? haha!)