Wednesday, April 8, 2009

...on this day in Gen X history

Wow. Didn't realize it had been that long ago.
Fifteen years ago today, I was just past the Ashland exit on Chicago's Eisenhower Expressway, on my way home from a class at UIC, when I heard the news on my Kenwood slide-out radio. I was listening to Q-101, my hometown's "alt-rock" station, and the DJ used the 30 seconds of talk time he was allotted in his pre-determined playlist to announce that Kurt Cobain's lifeless body was found at his Seattle home. Suicide. Shotgun blast to the head. Dead.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Whenever I hear about it, I just think what a waste. But at least he didn't take out 10 people with him, like everybody seems to want to do nowadays.


(And, excuse me, but you were in your "hometown" of Chicago and now you're a surfer dude in Florida? Huh?)
I'll not even mention about the Kenwood!

Wek said...

Chicago? I spent a few drunk weekends there. Kenwood?

You're losing me, Kath?

Kath said...

Hell--o!

It was 5:00 this morning and I was in a hurry.

You didn't give credit to your post, so I just thought it was you. That's why I was confused about you living in Chicago. Did you even read what is there, goof?

Wek said...

Shit! I forgot to add the hyperlink. Sorry!