Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fucked up times

Mah job went to a lucky winner in Costa Rica today. Didn't fire me, just sending me to a different division within the company with the same pay. Although I won't know which division til Friday.

A few good friends got the business end of the axe. Poor fuckers. All have many more responsibilities than I have. None of them have acted irresponsibly with their lives- mortgage, car payments, the same as many people. They did a great job for the company. Literally, sitting within a 50 foot radius of my desk I can point out a dozen worthless drones that should have gone before them.

Pathetic. The IT industry they helped build has turned on them. "Thanks for the use of your brains fellas, but we found some folks a few degrees lower down on that latitude, taught them whatcha know and gave them the job you've helped revolutionize over the last 15 years back when you was young. Course we only havtah pay them bout the same as it costs you in gasoline each year."

Stock shot up $1.40 today. At least the shareholders are happy, right? I hate those cocksuckers. I've seen the major shareholders at their quarterly meetings. I hate those cocksuckers. Most wear Rolex's. Many arrive via limo. I hate those cocksuckers.

4 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

this really sucks. thanks for reminding me why i started blogging. gawwwwwwwwwwwww.

Kath said...

Oh, Sweetie, I am so sorry. It's so pissingly annoying when saving money for the company means someone making a good salary gets canned -- simply bec. of their salary/benefits.

One would HAVE to hope that in this day and age, the major shareholders would like to maybe tone it down some for the next quarterly meeting.

Bag Blog said...

My daughter and hubby both work for Halliburton and have watched lots of people get laid off lately - and it was people who had worked there for a while - not the new people necessarily. I guess it is H's way of saving money and as many jobs by firing some big dogs. My daughter said she felt like jumping up and saying, "Pick me!" 'cause it hurts so bad to see her coworkers taking a big hit. I hope all goes well for you and we all weather this recession.

Wek said...

Thanks! You all rock. My buddies should be alright after awhile. They're too smart not to latch on elsewhere. I guess they'll be expecting me to buy the beer! Which I'll happily do.