Monday, August 31, 2009

Fuck the Beatles

John seemed cool. Paul was a pussy. Ringo is a Vegas act. And George's personality couldn't fill up a thimble.

The press is all over itself with this so-called milestone anniversary. Newsday has been running a daily series marking that famous summer with nostalgic facts and stories of reminiscing by baby boomers. Rolling Stone, the epitome of baby boomer press, has the Beatles on the cover of their Sept. 3rd issue. The headline reads: "Why the Beatles Broke Up."

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less.

6 comments:

Kath said...

HEY!! I like the Beatles. Don't need to get all personally involved with them, just like the music. Don't be dissing 'em.

Anonymous said...

You're right.Fuck the Beatles and while we're at it fuck Bob Dylan too.I am from Minnesota and I am sick to death of hearing about the guy.

Kath said...

Oh, well, yeah, Bob Dylan -- never could understand what was so hugely great about him.

Wek said...

I don't dislike a lot of the Beatles music - particularly I like John's songs. I'm just over them and them being cheapened by having a Cirque Du Solei based on Sgt. Pepper's.

Wek said...

Pook- welcome to my crummy corner of the intertubes!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!! FUCK THE BEATLES!! And today Apple makes a huge announcement, they now have the Beatles on iTunes! WHO CARES??? I know who cares, all those idiots that have purchased every "different" mix of every Beatles CD. I understand the differences, is it really worth paying out the same $200 every few years? For the SAME MUSIC? And now these same tools will buy this crap on iTunes! I mean c'mon, sure the Beatles had a few cool songs, sure they are influential, but Jesus man, so was fucking Glenn Miller but that was ages ago!!! GET OVER IT!!!
HDD-

listen to some real tunes here:

www.unbelievablesoundsreggaeshow.blogspot.com