Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grow the fuck up

I'm not a anti-drug zealot. In fact I'm for legalization of all drugs, including crack and meth. I really don't give a fuck what people ingest. But it just seems more pathetic when babyboomers return to using in their later years.
Forty years after Woodstock, some baby boomers haven't let go of one part of the 1960s: getting high on illicit drugs.

The percentage of Americans age 50-59 who reported use of illicit drugs within a year nearly doubled between 2002 and 2007, from 5.1 percent to 9.4 percent, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration reported Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just what we need, along with all the other problems the Boomers have left us, a bunch of high old hippies.

Kath said...

And what a great excuse -- oh, yeah, I was at Woodstock, so I'm still getting high.

Have a sneaking feeling there's more people now who SAY they were at Woodstock, than there were people actually there.

Wek said...

One thing for sure is I would rather they return to drugs than start getting naked and skinny dipping again.