Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gen X- helping to make worshipping less sucky

This sure beats the "you'll burn in hell sermons" I remember.
Pastor Peter Haas gives his sermon at Substace Church in the auditorium of Fridley High School. About 650 people watched his sermon about de-stessing you life. The explosion of Gen X and Gen Y churches. This church, called Substance (they tend to have radical names,) is one of the most-successful in the Twin Cities, drawing several hundred worshippers each Sunday. They reach out to young people by cutting back on the ritual of traditional churches. There's also a rock band and multi-media.

4 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

hahaha. i love the label!!!

the burn in hell sermons don't work.

Bag Blog said...

I'm not fond of ritual either, but beware following the crowd.

Kath said...

Was it the title of the post that I found so attractive or the label of "we so don't suck"??? Just can NOT make up my mind.

Your religion is YOUR religion, I beleive it's very personal to each of us.

But is it possible -- can it be -- or is there a way you control it -- but the letters I'm to type in are D O N A T E. Now, c'mon.

A post about church and sermons and the "password" is donate?

Wek said...

I always boil religion down to George Carlin's view of there being only one sin you need to follow (don't fuck with someone else).