Monday, June 1, 2009

I'll still stick to Stewart and Colbert

Even though David Letterman is a boomer I feel he is more Gen X than even most GenXsters. Including Conan.
We'll get a glimpse tonight at whether the East Coast, Harvard-educated comedy writer can build on NBC's ratings lead over CBS competitor David Letterman.

NBC is betting that O'Brien, 46, will expand his audience at Letterman's expense, but others aren't so sure. The competition for viewers includes more than the wry and experienced Letterman.

4 comments:

Kath said...

I don't stay up that late to watch all that, but for some reason I just like or don't get David Letterman. The times I've seen pieces of it, it seems all "inside jokes" that aren't all that funny.

Dunno.

Wek said...

I haven't watched him consistently since college. Although if I am flipping channels, and he has someone I like on, I'll still watch.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

me is a huge letterman fan. he is so gen x. never thought of it before. i must file this away and use it soon. ha!

Wek said...

Jen- As Letterman does, I hate when boomers "out Gen X" us.