Monday, June 22, 2009

It's in the news. Deal with it.

I once got stuck with a bill for an MRI because my past insurance company blew ass. Couldn't have happened at a worse time. I was the brokenest broke guy I knew at the time. Jobless (except for labor jobs around the neighborhood), no car (some azzhole ran over my little econo-box) and squatting in a skid row apartment (it takes landlords 60 days to be able to evict and I knew my rights). I stole grapefruits from peoples' trees at night to get some type of nutrition.

Gawd, I really miss those days. No kidding, I really do. Learned a lot about hustling and gained a feral intelligence I'd never known before.
Twenty-five percent of Americans say they had difficulty paying for health care in the past 12 months, with the Baby Boomer and Generation X age groups leading the
way, according to a study published today by Thomson Reuters. The study, which tracks the impact of the recession on consumers' health care behaviors, also found that Generation X and Baby Boomers are 3.5 times more likely to postpone care due to the cost than are older Americans.

2 comments:

Kath said...

Wow, look at you with all your little fun memories.


Also, note that it says "difficulty" paying, but you still pay. I think I could skip on a house payment easier than anything to do with health care, bec. they will hunt you down!!

I went round and round on the MRI thing, too. And finally the ins. co. paid that, but then I still had to pay the anesthiologist bill. Next time I guess I'll just try and be awake!!!

Wek said...

No lie. They called my phone daily. I made a bunch of $10 installments just to shut them up.