Monday, June 15, 2009

Los Angeles 'Fakers' no more

Big ups to the Los Angeles Lakers for winning the NBA championship over the Orlando Magic. Sadly, but maybe rightfully, this could be the final team to win a championship in any sport where the best player is a GenXster. I'm not a Kobe Bryant fan, but I'll admit he's a baller. Possibly the best athlete that ever played in the NBA (I'm not saying he's the best player ever - we all know that's Michael Jordan - but he's a better rounded athlete).

Kobe's reputation took a beating a few years back when he'd been accused of rape. When the smoke and fire cleared it seems like the truth fell between 'Kobe's a wife cheater that hooked up with a lying psycho' to 'she consented to the first 6 inches, but not the second 6.'

It's hard to find a hero these days.

3 comments:

Kath said...

Does this mean basketball, like hockey, is finally freaking over for "the season"?

Minicamp starts in July -- I mean, I heard that rumor somewhere, I think.

Wek said...

Minicamp coming soon. Who's your fav team?

Kath said...

Redskins.