Wednesday, March 25, 2009

1st Team All Generation X NCAA Basketball Team

Center: David Robinson - Naval Academy
Never had a 7 foot tall person been able to run the floor like 'The Admiral'. Great hands and great awareness under the basket. Made the Naval Academy a legit team for a few years.

Forward: Chris Webber - U of MI
Powerful jumper and rebounder. His nasty attitude admired by me and hated by boomers. May have the highest paid collegiate ever.

Forward: Christian Laettner - Duke
Hated his game, but I'm giving credit where it's due. Never seemed to miss a shot when the game was close. Had great low post moves but didn't look good doing them. Led Duke to 2 titles.

Guard: Kenny Anderson - GA Tech
Took the ball to the hole at will. Not even a zone defense stopped him from driving. Very fast and a wizard dribbling the ball.

Guard: Jerry Stackhouse - UNC
By far the best athlete in NCAA basketball during his era. Dunked over everyone. Would still have made the game look easy if the rim was raised to 12 feet.

NOTE: I'm aware that Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever. As incredible as he was at UNC he never truly blossomed until he entered the NBA. Besides this is all just 1 jackass' opinion.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Finally it's Thursday -- !

Kath said...

And what I meant to say, was I hope I can stay awake for the late game -- but I bet I can!!!

Wek said...

I bet Kath is asleep right now and missing the late games.

Kath said...

Yes, of course, I fell asleep. But I'm awake now -- damn Duke.

And in the first half I had some bit of hope for Xavier, but then they had to play that second half.

You still have three of your four and I only have one -- Louisville.