Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random, mindless, over-tired thinking

I've been having a weird obsession with Facebook* and it's imminent effect on society.

Whatever, my point is the young kids today will never again know a person they will lose contact with. I think it's sad in a way. Sometimes I do think back of past friends/girlfriends and imagine them in the best way with unicorns and rainbows and all that happy shit. The times I run into someone from years ago the myth I created in mah brain is destroyed. I'm always like "sorry you're divorced" or "Jesus, you put on some weight. It looks like you're growing tusks" or "you can beat that prescription drug addiction".

Anyway, my point is most everyone is best left as a memory.


Oh, and one other thing and I'll STFU for the night- Facebook is going to make class reunions irrelevant.



*I'm not on Facebook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mostly for me it's the "get over yourself" people on Facebook and others like it. As if everyone in the world finds them so interesting -- and truly, Mr. Wek, they believe it! Honestly.

Talk about the Me Generation!!

And I agree with you on let it be a memory.

Kath

Anonymous said...

What if Facebook was still the same but it was created by a gen xer and most of the people who used it were gen x instead of gen y? Would you like it then?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'd be writing a post right now about how great it is that gen x created facebook and youtube and blah blah blah baby boomers suck blah blah.

Bag Blog said...

Darn, and I was going to look you up and ask you to be my friend.

Wek said...

Sadly, Facebook was created by GenXsters. I'm so ashamed. So was YouTube, but I'm not ashamed of that as it has been a great vehicle for retro interviews/obscure live performances/et cetera.

BB- If I ever sign up I'll let you know. Soon I'll probably sell out like the rest of my generation.