Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm an asshole, but I'm not sure how to classify this one?

It appears that Australia has carnival trash, too. H/T: JenX


This is going to sound really bizarre coming from me since 1/2 of my posts tend to bash other generations, but I at least try to have a sense of humor about it, and I hope what I write is interpreted as tongue-in-cheek clownery, as this is what I strive for. Anyhow, this Millenial is about as kind as a rhino whacked out on PCP.

Meet Emma Mayall, another typical brat that was born on 3rd base but thinks she hit a triple. A writer in Australia that isn't a particularly talented with what she taps onto the keyboard.

Note the 1st sentence:
Generation X tends to be a smug lot.
I'm thinking Pulitzer here!


Let's move onto her wishing Gen X to fail:

Many Xers had good reason for this and deserved a laugh. There’s little else little else for them to be cheery about, what with their hungry offspring and hungrier mortgages to contend with during today’s climate of job insecurity. Not to mention the usual greying hair and sagging body parts.
Okay, I'm going to be a dick, but she started with the physical attributes bashing, so I'm going to mention the obvious. The pic I posted of Emma is very kind to her (the sunglasses hide some bland eyes). I've gotten tanked, went home with girls that look much better than Emma, and I still had regrets.........Okay, okay, I'll stop with making fun of teh ugly and move onto the ugliness of her post.

"Are you there, Reality? It's me, Emma."

She's completely missing the point. Recessions are not 'generation specific', so I'm unsure of how she thinks the current economic climate is really putting the screws to Gen X alone. The economy has effected babyboomers, GenXers and Millenials. All 3 generations have lost value in their homes. All 3 generations have lost loot from their retirement savings. All 3 generations have lost jobs. Get it, Emma? WE'RE ALL FUCKED.


I wasn't able to find an email address for Emma, but here's her FaceBook page if you'd like a little more info on her over-privileged, silver spoon life. BTW Emma, you can thank Gen X for creating Facebook.

With regrets of ever hearing of Emma,

Wek

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, (no, I'm not really) but I don't do Facebook bec. she is what I think of as a prime example of it. It's all Look at ME!! I am SPECIAL!!

No, you're not. Not to the world at large. Maybe to your family or your parents, but not to the rest of us.

So, Emma, sweetie, the economy belongs to ALL of us -- whether anyone is sagging physically or mentally!!

Kath

Bag Blog said...

Hmm, I remember someone else bashing the physical attributes of us borderline baby boomers.

Wek said...

BB- I know, I know. I'm a complete hypocrite but I couldn't let this one pass without commenting.

Le said...

she what we call an 'ugly australian'.

I went and read some of her other 'work' ... just your usual low level tacky journo work ... nothing of significance ...

the way gen y cannot 'join the dots' and get the whole picuture is a worry to me ....

we'd bestnot rely to much on this gen to take good care of us into the future - gross generalisation I know but so be it - cheers le - the orginal saggy boobed gen x'er

Bag Blog said...

Wek, I just had to poke you back since I am still a little tender over that nutsack comment.

Anonymous said...

Bag Blog -- Hear, hear!!

Kath

Wek said...

Third On the Right- I think Emma should find a job at the Australian equivalent of the New York Post.

BB- Haha. You're never gonna let me live down the "nutsack" comment, huh?

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Great job, Wek. She left me speechles...