Sunday, March 29, 2009

Greatest Gen X Hoops Team

Never had I seen a more dominant team in my lifetime. 8 of the players from the 1996 Kentucky Wildcats went on to make an NBA roster.

Even boomer dominated ESPN had this to say about the squad:
Even though Kentucky lost two regular-season games, they established themselves as one of the all-time great teams by destroying the competition in the Big Dance, winning their six tourney games by an average of 21 points.
To me, the most memorable moment of the UK team was when they scored 86 points against LSU......IN THE FIRST HALF!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And is it me or is this tournament an awful lot of low scores?

I guess I'm just bummed over today's 52.

Okay, done typing, off to watch some more.

Kath

Wek said...

That's cuz Michigan State likes playing ugly basketball. Too much defense, not enough dunks!