Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Huh?

Strange how this babyboomer somehow thinks GenXers want to be led around by our nipple rings.
“Late boomers, of which I am one as well, share a lot of values with Gen-Xrs. That is clear from a lot of things happening recently - the election of Barack Obama, the resurgence of classic rock artists in the Grammies, the latest classic rock versions of Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and in many other ways. I think it is because we were raised in an idealistic era, with an unusual emphasis on creativity, love, nonviolence, tolerance, and pragmatism. Gen-Xr’s are looking to get past the ugliness and intolerance of the past decades, and us late boomers are helping to show the way because of the environment in which we grew up.”

Dude, the only thing we learned from you is how not to be a hypocritical, values flip-flopping fucktard. Stop trying to hang out with a younger crowd. You babyboomers are about as wrinkly as my nutsack, so it's time to go play shuffleboard while you wait for the clock to run out. We hated you 3 decades ago and our sentiments haven't changed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, now, don't be bitter.

Although -- I think weddings are usually lovely things and the bride is pretty and the groom is handsome, yada, yada, yada.

Receptions -- oh, please, no. I cannot stand to see who thinks they can still dance like they did in high school or who thinks they can drink like they did when they were in their 20s.

It just seems to me that every wedding reception -- no matter how lavish or how simple -- is a painful display I would rather not see.

Nixon asked me one time what group do I "self-identify" with and I refused to tell him. I lay claim to none of them.

Anonymous said...

"I think it is because we were raised in an idealistic era, with an unusual emphasis on creativity, love, nonviolence, tolerance, and pragmatism."

I might give them the first four, but since when did "greed" equal "pragmatism." Our generation is the one that had to grow up (and continues to be) pragmatic, if only to overcome the mess the Boomers made while pursuing (to excess) the first two items on that list (I can't argue the next two).

I suppose, to quote more from that link, that someday some Boomers may become "effective, charismatic and inspirational elders, once memories of how selfish, self-indulgent and incompetently reckless they may have been in their prime have faded." The problem is, those memories are still being created — they have hardly faded.

Bag Blog said...

I always feel like a "tweener." Born at the tail end of the boomers, I consider myself a boomer, but I don't fit the profile. Now my kids are tweeners - born at the end of Gen X. I guess I will never catch up.

But a nut sack?

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I didn't make sense. I was trying to say that things like wedding receptions are little microcosims of the X, the Y, the -- whatevers.

Anyway, I'm with Bag Blog -- "nut sack" -- eeewwww.

And there must be other people like Bag Blog and me -- don't fit the profile and don't want to!!

And anyway, profiling is illegal!

Kath

Wek said...

Hahaha! So I guess my "nutsack" comment didn't go over well. I'll be sure to use it sparingly!

Anonymous said...

Nah, use "nutsack" often, and make sure to bold it.

I am all about patching up things between the generations and I don't normally go in for this sort of bashing. But this did make me laugh:

"Dude, the only thing we learned from you is how not to be a hypocritical, values flip-flopping fucktard."

Luckily I don't drink coffee in the morning or I would have shot it out my nose laughing when I read that.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that was vicious. I love it.

One thing I've always noticed about Boomers is they start out talking about someone else, and wind up giving themselves a hummer by the second full sentence...the rest of whatever they say is a disoriented attempt to get back on point, finished off with a vague pronouncement--for which they want a pat on the head and a cookie.

"Creativity, love, nonviolence, tolerance, and pragmatism"? Yeah, right.

Creativity--of new ways to take everything for themselves.

Love--for themselves and each other.

Nonviolence--as long as they are treated with adoration.

Tolerance--for each others' shortcomings.

Pragmatism--this is just made up.