Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's hard to drink and drive when you won't stop texting

From the only country that cares about Gen X.

GENERATION X drivers are more likely to talk on their mobiles when behind the wheel than their Generation Y counterparts, a survey has found.

An NRMA Insurance study of New South Wales drivers found 52 per cent of Gen Xers admitted using their phones while driving, whether using a handset or hands-free technology.

That figure compared to 37 per cent of Gen Ys, while just 24 per cent of those over 40 were guilty of chatting on their mobiles while driving.


Believe it or not, I've never owned a cell phone. Yes, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll bite. Why not?

If nothing else, at least to just have with you for emergencies -- car break down, bike break down, etc.

And don't you dare say you don't have one bec. everybody else does and you just use theirs.

Kath

Wek said...

Kath, I really don't have a good reason? Cell phones weren't really popular until about 2000 when I was 28 years old. I figured since I went that long without it and didn't have any problems why not keep the streak going. When I happen to break down in my car or motorcycle I just do what I always did: start walking or start hitchhiking.