Monday, February 9, 2009

Hard to find a hero

Alex Rodriguez fessed up today for using steroids and I'm finding it hard to care. We grew up in an era where 'Vitamin S' seemed to be used by many and easy to attain by all, so I'm pretty unaffected by this confession that has no bearing on my life. It was just 'there' and a reality for us at the time.

There's alota blah, blah, blah about him being a role model for kids but I think Charles Barkley said it best in the commercial below: "Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids". Really, our country has bigger concerns than an athlete sticking needles in his ass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whether you put Sir Charles in it or any other mega-star sports figure -- this commercial is exactly right.

Kath

Bag Blog said...

Money, fame, glory, but no responsibility - there are roll models and then there are roll models.

Bag Blog said...

'scuse me. role models - I knew that.

Wek said...

BB- when you're talking about Sir Charles "roll" may be more appropriate considering his well padded midsection.