Thursday, February 19, 2009

Latchkey Likes It!

The first thing I think of when reminiscing about my youth is Saturday mornings watching cartoons. The 2nd thing is cereal. I loved that box of sweetened oats and wheat.

The GF found this list of all breakfast cereals ever made. They show the dates the cereals began being produced and it amused me by how many came out during Gen X youth. I guess this was at least partially due to both parents having to work and they needed to throw a quick meal down our esophagus'........come to think of it, our poor teachers. We showed up to school wired up from a bowl full of sugar and they had to attempt to control us.

My favorite had to be Franken Berry or Cap'n Crunch.

One day I'm going to open a breakfast restaurant and all I'm going to serve is cereal and absurdly strong coffee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coco Puffs --- THE BEST!!

Kath

Anonymous said...

We couldn't eat any cereals with marshmallows as kids. So whenever we stayed overnight at our grandparents, we convinced them that, yes, of course our parents let us eat Lucky Charms with their weird, stale and delicious marshmallows.

Bag Blog said...

A big treat for my kids growing up was to get to pick out their own box of cereal. They almost squealed when they entered the cereal aisle at the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

http://www.sporcle.com/games/poptarts.php

I am so addicted to Sporcle -- if you've never played any of the games -- please try it. It's amazing.

The one I linked is for naming PopTarts! (Noooo, not Lindsay, real PopTarts.) Bet you can't name them all.

Kath

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

you could probalby totally make money on a gig like that. kind of like moby and his teany cafe in new york. (i really am only recalling minor bits of info from an npr interview.) my big bro LOVED frankenberry. i was a boo berry girl. loved me some lucky charms, too. most obscure gen x cereal evahhhhh: donutz (Do-licious!) Remember that? hahahaa