Sunday, May 17, 2009

Please offer something to make me buy American

I know I've been pretty harsh on domestic auto companies as of late, but I feel betrayed. At some point the Detroit auto makers just said "screw off" to the under 50 crowd that enjoy speedy cars and have made retro junk straight out of the 60's. Never did I think I'd see the day when Hyundai would make an affordable car that would wipe the pavement with a less affordable Ford Mustang. But here we are.

For instance, check out the car on the left (Nissan 370Z). That looks like something that should be produced in 2009. What's unsurprising is that the exterior designer (pictured above) is in his late 20's.

For some reason I seriously doubt Detroit's "Big 3" have an exterior designer anywhere near his age.

2 comments:

Kath said...

You?? Harsh?? Nooooo. I must have missed it.


But aren't some "foreign" cars built here anyway? I get confused over what is built where anymore.

Wek said...

Lot's are built here. I've been to the Toyota plant in KY. Honda also has a presence here.