Monday, March 8, 2010

Brat Pack Reunion

Well a bunch of them, at least.
Last night at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards, the producers of the show decided to put together a solo tribute for director John Hughes, who passed away last year at the young age of 59. In the eighties, the director was known for making films that centered on teenage angst, and he used a core group of actors to bring those stories to life. They were called the “Brat Pack” and they ruled the decade thanks to Hughes frequent use of them in his movies. They all showed up last night to…wait, scratch that, all of them didn’t show up! There were several people missing from the tribute and it pissed me off royally…

3 comments:

Sisu said...

I didn't watch the Oscars because well, I hate them, but I wish I would have seen this. Poor Molly Ringworm; Hughes directed her in every movie she made that was actually watched by someone besides her family.

Bag Blog said...

There are always those in each generation that make the rest look bad.

Wek said...

My goal is to make Gen X look bad.