Monday, March 22, 2010

I admire McLaren


They won't "pull a Porsche" and start manufacturing miserable SUVs.
McLaren Group said its 200-mile- per-hour MP4 supercar will be pitched to owners of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and other luxury marques seeking to add an even faster model to their fleet.

McLaren aims to capture about 4 percent of the premium two- seater car market, equal to about 4,000 sales a year, with the 600 horsepower MP4-12C that begins production next year.

“The typical customer will have a number of cars,” Antony Sheriff, managing director of the McLaren Automotive unit, said yesterday in an interview. “We expect they’ll have a Ferrari, a Bentley, a Porsche, an Aston Martin or a Lamborghini -- even a Rolls Royce -- and will say, ‘You know what, I’d really also like one of those in my garage.’”

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I don't have a Ferrari, a Bentley, a Porsche, an Aston Martin or a Lamborghini -- even a Rolls Royce, but if someone were to give one to me, I would take it.

Wek said...

I'll even buy one. That is if the dealer will let it go for 25K.