Monday, March 1, 2010

Only in FL will feeding the homeless get you thrown in jail

I know I can act like an asshole, but I do have sympathy for those that can barely get by living. And nothing makes me more angry than when someone says something along the lines of "people are homeless because they want to be". I've helped out at homeless shelters since college and I came away with knowing that my middle class feet have never walked in their shoes that led to homelessness.
The Miami City Commission is set to consider a proposal next month that would prohibit unauthorized people and groups from feeding the homeless downtown, an ordinance proponents say will cut down on litter and ensure the safety of the food the homeless do eat.

Miami residents may have to think twice before giving up their leftovers to the homeless.

The Miami City Commission is set to consider a proposal next month that would prohibit unauthorized people and groups from feeding the homeless downtown, an ordinance proponents say will cut down on litter and ensure the safety of the food the homeless do eat.

No comments: